Over the last week, I have struggled to get gauge on my newest test-knit. I mean really! Look at this pile!
I think I’m safe in saying that my current upheaval added to the situation. I began with a US size 10 (6mm).
I tried a US size 11 (8mm).
At this point, I had to go to the yarn store and find a US size 10.5 (6.5mm). Once there, I found them easily, and then headed home to make my next piece.
Still too small.
Since I’d seen that they carried the US size 10.75 (7mm), I ran back down to the store and picked up that pair. On impulse, I grabbed a US size 10.875 (7.5mm) as well.
(Besides being a kind of obscure needle size, both of these filled gaps in my current library. Yeehaw!)
I tried the 10.75 first. After all, the swatch was super-close to gauge last time….
But not close enough! Thank goodness for the store carrying those 10.875’s! I knitted it up, praying for relief from this nightmare.
Whew! After five swatches, I got gauge perfectly.
Now, I just have to remember to not relax too much.
With a trip to visit family in Arkansas beginning today, I don’t think that will be too tough.